This self-study course is designed to be taken at your convenience, and on your own schedule. You have 90 days to finish the course from the time of purchase.
This course introduces the Performance Test Code - PTC 4 for Fired Steam Generators. It discusses the importance of conducting a performance test of steam generators and identifies the types of performance tests covered by this Code. It also looks at how PTC 4 is organized and the contents of each section.
You will learn to:
- Describe the importance of conducting a performance test of steam generators, primarily, in a power producing plant
- Explain the philosophy of performance test codes and how they are to be used in testing equipment
- Explain the purpose of conducting a steam generator test
- Identify and distinguish different types of performance tests
- Identify what aspects of the test must be agreed upon by all involved parties
- Explain how PTC 4 is organized and identify the general contents of each section
Module One: Philosophy and Importance of Performance Test Codes
Module Two: Purpose of Conducting a Steam Generator Test
Module Three: Agreements
Module Four: Organization of the Code Document
Who should attend
This course is designed for anyone who wants an introduction to and a basic understanding of the ASME PTC 4 – the test code for Fired Steam Generators.