This self-study course is designed to be taken at your convenience and on your own schedule. You have 90 days to finish the course from the time of purchase.
The course introduces Section IX – Welding, Brazing, & Fusing Qualifications of the ASME Boiler & Pressure Vessel Code. It covers the scope, organization and requirements of this section. Topics include welding procedure qualifications, welding performance qualifications, standard welding procedure specifications, and brazing qualifications.
You will learn:
- How Section IX is organized
- The information included in a Welding Procedure Specification (WPS) document
- The information in a Procedure Qualification Record (PQR)
- How metals are categorized for welding and brazing
- Types of weld variables – essential, supplementary essential, or nonessential
- How welders and welding operators are qualified
- The requirements for a manufacturer or contractor to adopt Standard Welding Procedure Specifications (SWPS)
- Brazing requirements including the classification systems for metals that undergo brazing and acceptance criteria for brazing test specimens
- Identify acceptance criteria for fusing test specimens
Who should attend:
This course is designed for anyone who wants an introduction to and a better understanding of Section IX Welding, Brazing, and Fusing Qualifications of the ASME Boiler and Pressure Vessel Code.