This self-study course is designed to be taken at your convenience and on your own schedule. You have 90 days to finish the course from the time of purchase.
Ethics has been defined as doing the right thing when no one is watching. Are you? Is everyone around you? What should you do if they’re not? Is what you think right - the same thing as what others think is right? Use the words ethical behavior with 10 people and you’ll get ten variations just on what it means to behave ethically much less on how to do it. In this learning for engineers we’ll explore all these questions and you’ll finish with how-to’s for yourself and others.
The forces that shape engineering ethics
- the history
- the engineering code of ethics
- current engineering ethics
- when and where do we develop ethical values
Identifying your ethical concerns
- Engineering specific
- Company ethics
- Behavior outside of your workplace
Factors that modify ethical values
Solving ethical problems
This is an intermediate level course for all engineers as we all have to display ethical behavior and helps others display it as well.
You Will Learn
- Have a picture of what ethical behavior looks like
- Be able to use steps to solve ethical dilemmas
- Have ideas for what to do if you or someone is not behaving in a manner consistent with this picture
Who Should Attend
This course is for engineers of all levels and disciplines. We all have to display ethical behavior and helps others display it as well.