This self-study course is designed to be taken at your convenience and on your own schedule. You have 90 days to finish the course from the time of purchase.
This course provides an introduction to the rules for the design and construction of single-failure-proof (SFP) cranes and the cranes covered in ASME NOG-1 and ASME NUM-1 Standards. It covers the scope of the standards, their similarities and differences, and where they are used. It also discusses the application of these standards to Type I, Type II, and Type III single-failure proof cranes.
You will learn to:
- Describe the scope of ASME NUM-1 and ASME NOG-1
- Explain the similarities of and differences between ASME NUM-1 and ASME NOG-1
- List the industries that use ASME NUM-1 and ASME NOG-1
- Describe the differences among Type I, Type II, and Type III equipment
- Describe the design elements of an SFP crane
- List the mechanical and electrical features of a Type I, Type II and Type III cranes in ASME NOG-1
- Describe the features of Type IA, Type IB, Type II, and Type III equipment covered in ASME NUM-1
Click HERE to view the course outline.
Who should attend
This course is designed for anyone who wants an introduction to and a better understanding of how to apply the rules of ASME NOG-1 and NUM-1.