This self-study course is designed to be taken at your convenience, and on your own schedule. You have 90 days to finish the course from the time of purchase.
This course covers the PTC 6 Standard, which provides procedures for the accurate testing of steam turbines. It is used in conducting acceptance tests of steam turbines and any other situation in which performance levels must be determined with minimum uncertainty.
This Standard contains rules and procedures for conducting and reporting of steam turbine testing, including mandatory requirements for pretest arrangements, instruments to be employed, their application and methods of measurement, testing techniques, and methods of calculation of test results.
You Will Learn
- The importance of conducting performance test of equipment, primarily, in a power producing plant
- The philosophy of performance test codes and how they are applied in an equipment performance test program
- The purpose of conducting a steam turbine test
- How to identify different types of performance tests
- What aspects of the test must be agreed upon by all parties
- How PTC 6 is organized
- How to identify various flow metering devices and explain the importance of calibrating flow nozzles
Please click HERE to view the course outline.
Who Should Attend
This course is designed for anyone who wants an introduction to and a better understanding of how to apply the PTC 6 Standard to the testing of Steam Turbines.