High reliability for wind turbine drive trains
GE’s Power Conversion business range of wind generators is suitable for high-power solutions for both onshore and offshore wind turbines. Our direct-drive permanent magnet generators offer high reliability for the full drive train. Elimination of the gearbox allows for higher part load system efficiencies, improving your return on investment. Providing a reduction in overall maintenance, these solutions are particularly well adapted for offshore applications.
Features & Benefits:
- Full grid compliance: Fully-fed with low-speed direct drive. Advanced resin insulation system provides increased insulation performance.
- Patented cooling arrangement for very high power density.
- Efficiency: Permanent Magnet rotor and optimized stator for increased efficiency.
- Reliability: Advanced resin insulation system provides increased insulation performance, and flexible design facilitates new technology improvements.
- Availability: Simplified, Permanent Magnet rotor design reduces maintenance and increases generator availability.
- Comfort: Patented low-cogging torque system reduces noise and vibration.
- Flexibility: Can be customized for low or medium voltage applications. Platforms can be tailored according to specific customer requirements.