- The ideal chamber for heavy use (and abuse!) applications – a nearly indestructible pass-through!
- Prevents damage when operators apply excessive force to an interlocked door
- All-stainless steel construction, with double-wall doors and heavy-duty hardware, prevents flexing and misalignment
- Recessed pull-to-open latch withstands up to 50 lbs. of force without damaging the catch, interlock, or door frame
- Includes fire-rated wired-glass viewing windows
- Spring-action, self-closing doors simplify operation, minimize the chance of contamination
Terra’s Ruggedizd Pass-Through™ Chambers stand up to high-use environments where other pass-through chambers fail. Their reinforced, heavy-duty design minimizes maintenance and prevents failure that often leads to costly cleanroom shutdowns.
Enhanced Durability and Reliability
Unreinforced pass-throughs are prone to flexing and bowing under heavy use or when excessive force is applied to a door latch, a common occurrence when users encounter an interlocked door. Once a pass-through chamber flexes, door latches and interlock mechanisms can become misaligned, leading to hardware damage, interlock failure, and cleanroom contamination.
The Ruggedized Pass-Through’s double-wall, 2.5” thick doors and all-stainless steel construction eliminate these problems by preventing door flex or latch misalignment. The chamber retains shape and alignment even when force exceeding 50 pounds is applied to the recessed pull latch.
Dual-side, .25”-thick wired safety glass viewing windows are UL fire-rated and provide clear visibility of chamber contents and the opposing door. The 304 stainless steel self-closing spring hinges ensure reliable, hands-free door closure.