Thermal Spray Flexicords are an alternative to produce metallic and ceramic coatings using a universal flame spray gun.
Our Thermal Spray Flexicords are tailored to fit to specific requirements such as: low porosity (down to 3%), high density, low or high roughness, nano sized materials, etc.
Versus plasma sprayed coatings, Flexicords offer an excellent performance when coatings are subjected to thermal cycles at high temperatures and they allow to achieve higher coating thickness.
The Flexicords are ceramic or metallic wires that are sprayed with a customized flame spray unit (TOP JET or MASTER JET).
Our customers produce coatings that have specific advantages:
- Controlled surface roughness for paper application with futher polymer impregnation
- Very dense, low porosity coatings, low roughness with our range of Alumina-Titania, HardKarb Co12 (WC 12Co) coatings
- Higher coating thickness of 2 to 3 mm achieved without extra processes.
- Higher thickness coating providing longer life.
- Higher working temperature, that cannot be reached with plasma sprayed coatings.
- Capability to coat on complicated shapes and huge parts.
- Less deterioration of the crystalline structure or stochiometry of the sprayed materials (capability to produce Nano structured Flexicords).