Superbolt nut-style multi-jackbolt tensioners (MJTs) are an innovative bolting product that will eliminate expensive and dangerous tooling. Only hand/air tools are required to install or remove any size MJT.
H650 series Superbolt tensioners are used for medium temperature, pressure vessel applications on A193-B7 bolts and studs. Material certification provided upon request. Preload and torque values are based on 45,000 psi bolt stress, the value most commonly used by pressure vessel designers. Depending on operating temperature, jackbolt torque and preload may be increased. Used with graphite Lubricant.
- H650 – Medium temperature tensioner
- Dimension range: M20-M125 (3/4″ – 5″)
- Approx. bolt stress depending on size: 310 N/mm2 (45 ksi)
- Temperature range: up to 350ºC (up to 650ºF)
- Surface treatment: optional
- Application examples: Large studs on boiler feed pumps, boiler circulating pumps, reactors, heat exchangers, etc.