Key features of the SUPERIOR® 60-110E primary gyratory crusher
Metso’s SUPERIOR 60-110E primary gyratory crusher provides a redesigned Spider, a one-piece bottom shell and a new rim liner retention system. These improvements and redesigned components are also interchangeable with existing 60-110 MK-ll crushers.
The SUPERIOR 60-110E is FEA-analyzed to reduce stresses, increase reliability and enhance performance.
Spider and Mainshaft assembly
- Using FEA and strain gauge data, the Spider was redesigned to remove stress risers and concentrations, producing a more reliable design. The Spider now features an arched opening to reduce material bridging. New arm shields and Spider cap provide improved protection to the Spider.
- The new rim liner retention system utilizes bars and clips welded in place. This arrangement connects all of the spider rim liners together, making for simple, easily installed components. No bolts are required, making the rim liners easily replaceable and are tied together to act as one piece.
- Upgraded mainshaft assembly with a patented burning ring that releases the pressure of the headnut for mantle change-out. This eliminates the potential for damage to the headnut or mantle and affords simple replacement of one less expensive component.
Bottom shell design
- The redesigned single piece bottom shell reduces components and installation time. Using strain gauge data collected from gyratory crushers currently in operation, newly created FEA models evaluated the bottom shell for high stress areas and new solutions were found, resulting in increased reliability.
Top shell design
- The redesigned top shells were analyzed using FEA tools to eliminate vertical rib stress risers while utilizing horizontal bands to protect against concentrated loads. High strength banded construction provides trouble-free operation and the removal of vertical ribs has decreased stresses. Tapered flanges offer simplified construction.
- 10% reduction in weight without sacrificing performance nor strength
- increase from 514 rpm to 600 rpm and capable of operating with a 1600hp motor
- option of being retrofitted with minimal modifications
- reduced installation and transportation costs