New PreShredder crawler version – excellent onsite mobility and easier to operate
- Speed of the conveyor belt to be precisely adjusted to suit the waste being processed.
- Mounted a ladder on the cutting table to improve access
- Half a meter lower – easier to load using also a smaller loader
- Easier to lubricate the conveyor bearings, improves maintenance and results in a longer lifespan
- Crawlers based on years experience from designing Lokotracks
- Total height is more than half a meter lower – easier to transport
- Remote control is much more intuitive to use
- Can be moved during operation – saving time and energy
- More space in the power pack easier to service
- New touch-screen display is more intuitive to use, and has much better visibility and the PLC is designed especially for mobile unit
- Extremely aggressive knife design and open cutting table
- Easier and more efficient to operate - larger hopper
- Each cooling unit can also be operated separately; further improving energy efficiency
- New power pack cooler keeps the unit operational in temperatures up to 45ºC, increasing the range of use.
- New CAT C15, 403 kW power pack has longer service interval, from 250 hours to 500 hours
Metso PreShredder 4000 features asynchronous bi-directional shredding technology, which reduces wear and keeps waste constantly, moving in a consistent flow. The Metso double hydrostatic drive is extremely reliable under heavy loads and shocks, and all knives and exposed cutting table components are made of Hardox 500 wearresistant steel for less wear and less downtime.
A central lubricating system is standard on all machines, and intelligent shredding routines automatically adapt to processed material characteristics.
Metso PreShredders perform under the toughest conditions all around the world, and are commonly found in Waste Transfer stations, Landfills, Composting plants, Wood recycling plants, Waste recycling plants and Waste service providers.