Large aggressive knives – large capacity and grabability, pusher device not required
The mobile Metso EtaPreShred 6000 has a 390 kW/520 HP diesel engine.
Knives and shafts
The Metso EtaPreShred 6000 is available with 9–16 rotating knives, depending on the required grain size. The knife has a bigger diameter and 2 x 3 knife tips on each blade, providing a higher capacity. The rotating knives are 80 mm thick and made of Hardox steel. Versions equipped with 2 shafts, and 9 knives per shaft, produce a coarse grain size. They are ideal for manual picking lines. The version fitted with 16 knives produces a material < 100 mm, making it ideal as a secondary shredder for use in conjunction with Circulating Fluidized Bed (CFB) incineration or other applications requiring relatively small grain size.
This unit is equipped with two 4-metre-long shafts and an exceptionally large shredding zone, approx. 7 sq m in size. The cutting table is 5500 x 2700 mm in size.
Key advantages of the Metso EtaPreShred
- Open cutting table reduces wear to the bare minimum
- Bi-directional shredding results in a consistent flow of shredded material onto down-stream conveyors
- Asynchronous shredding keeps waste constantly moving, thus improving shredding efficiency
- With our aggressive knife design, no pushing device is required
- Central lubricating system is standard on all machines
- Automatic reversal if knives encounter large or tough steel cement parts
- Intelligent shredding routines automatically adapt to processed material characteristics. The PLC control system is equipped with six standard programs, including two that can be individually programmed
- Hardox steel used in all parts of the cutting table exposed to wear
- Bi-directional shredding with equal speed and torque reduces wear and improves capability and pre-shredder capacity