The importance of using infrared lamps for paint and ink drying applications is the quick and even drying of the paint and ink. This minimizes air movement, streaking, and dust particles adhering to the paint and ink surfaces. Pretreatment and primer coatings can easily be dried to achieve a much faster production process time. Infrared heating for paint applications are most commonly used on aluminum, metal, steel, and wood surfaces. Infrared heating of ink is mostly used for paper, cardboard, and textiles; as well as maintaining a consistent temperature for the ink cartridges.
Features & Benefits
- Highly Efficient Heat Source Over 85% of the input energy is converted into infrared energy.
- Ease of Control As opposed to combustion heat energy, our light source based energy is easier to control and manipulate by use of lenses and reflectors.
- Compact and Clean Energy A non-polluting heat source from a light weight and compact footprint enables flexible design possibilities.
- Instant On/Off Due to the ability to reach maximum output upon ignition, a sophisticated heating programming can be applied.
- Long Life and Consistent Output By utilizing the halogen cycle, USHIO’s lamps are designed up to 5000 hrs with almost no loss in infrared output.
- Flexible Production Capability USHIO supports customer specified custom design and OEM support.