FS - Finned Strip Heater
CCI Thermal Technologies Product Line- Caloritech
The Caloritech™ FS Finned Strip Heater is a versatile and economical heating source typically used across a wide range of applications, including surface heating (platens, dies, molds, tanks, piping); process air heating (drying cabinets, ovens, baking ovens, vacuum dehydrating ovens, moisture protection for motors); dropping resistors for line applications in railroads and load banks; winterizing (hoppers, conveyors, ducts, car heating, thawing); original equipment (air conditioning, laboratory equipment, food packaging, ovens, presses, drying equipment). The fins improve heat transfer in free or forced air heating applications.
Features & Benefits At A Glance
- constructed of specially selected, high grade materials, including high temperature alloy resistance wire, corrosion-resistant aluminized steel sheath (suitable for maximum sheath temperature less than 1000°F) and 0.022" thick cadmium plated steel fins
- controlled coil process and placement assures uniform heat distribution over the entire active surface of the heater
- special refractory material possesses excellent heat transfer characteristics, superior insulation properties and rigid vibration resistance to provide a heavy-duty heating unit
- slotted mounting tabs allow lineal expansion during initial heat-up period
- rated at 120V or 240V, depending on size; secondary insulators must be used when voltage to ground exceeds 300V
- high-voltage models rated up to 600V when secondary insulators are used
- maximum amps of 48 amps
- wattage ranges from 725 to 2100 W depending on size of heater
- overall length limit of 42 1/2"; effective length limit of 39"