KX - Finned Tubular Heater (Calrod® type*)
CCI Thermal Technologies Product Line- Caloritech
The Caloritech™ KX Finned Tubular Heater (Calrod® type*) is typically manufactured to custom specifications based on the customer application, where steel fins are spirally wound over a heating element and then metallurgically bonded by furnace brazing, leaving negligable thermal resistance at the joint.
They are normally used for forced convection heating applications with outlet air temperatures up to 300°C (572°F), such as forced circulation, air or gas heating systems like ducts, fan forced electric heaters, recirculating ovens and loading resistors. Finned tubular heaters offer distinct advantages over open coil heaters, including minimized risk of fire or electrical shock, longer service life and less overall required maintenance.
Features & Benefits At A Glance
- various combinations of fin thickness, width and pitch available depending on requirements
- four surfaces finishes available: bare steel, nickel plated, aluminum painted and black enamel
- operating temperatures will vary depending on air velocity, air temperature and watts per square inch
- standard element diameters range from 0.260" to 0.540"
- watt density of 10 watts per square inch on standard heaters; custom watt densities are available for lower velocities or higher outlet temperatures upon request
- installation using brazed, crimped or welded plates; standard units have have factory installed fittings for this purpose