Custom Flexible Heaters are single layer flexible circuits that utilized resistive alloys, such as Inconel and Cupro-nickel, rather than copper to form conductive paths. As electrical current is driven through the higher resistance conductors, heat is generated. Conductor width and thickness are selected to provide the desired resistance value based on the supply voltage.
Flexible heaters offer very good heat transfer to the heat sink in a very low profile and low mass package. Because they are flexible, they can also conform to, and heat, irregular surfaces that other types of heaters cannot. TCR (Temperature Coefficient of Resistance) of custom heater alloys provide minimum resistance change when temperature changes.
- Multiple foil alloys to choose from to provide a large range of custom resistance values.
- Custom heater element layout services to provide heater resistance that will provide the desired power output based on voltage input.
- Assembly capabilities to add thermistors, connectors, lead wires, potting, etc.
- A wide variety of pressure sensitive adhesive backings to choose from
- Custom mounting of heaters to heat sinks
- Fabrication of customer specified heat sinks
Heater element – Inconel, Cupronickel, Constantan, Copper
Insulation – Polyimide film/epoxy adhesive, polyimide film/acrylic adhesive
Heat spreading material – Aluminum, Copper
Pressure sensitive adhesives – 3M 467, 3M 468, 3M 6035, 3M 9077, 3M 9460, 3M 9469, TESA 8853, TESA 8854