In most every case our first builds for a new customer or new program are prototype builds. Dependent upon your program need and circuit design, FCT can offer quick turn prototyping for fit, form, and function through the use of our California, USA based prototyping facility.
We do prefer prototyping through our Asian based facilities when able; as our customers will benefit when moving from prototyping to production given the same facility, processes, equipment, and materials used in prototyping are now being utilized in production.
Prototyping Lead times:
- Prototyping capabilities are centered on more straight forward Flexible Circuits, 1 to 2 layers.
- Quick Turn Lead Time: 7 to 10 days.
- Standard Prototyping lead time: 2 to 4 weeks.
Note: Lead times are dependent upon material needs, availability, and complexity.
- Prototyping for Bare Flexible Circuits typically: 2 to 4 week lead time.
- More complex bare flex designs and/or rigid flex designs: 3 to 6 weeks.
- For sub-assemblies typical lead time: 4 to 8 weeks.
Note: Lead times are dependent upon complexity, material needs, and for sub-assemblies, component availability/lead time.