Inorganic filled material ideal for dry applications, compatible with most surfaces
Rulon® 488 is a dull turquoise material originally developed for use with painted surfaces. It has been used in veneer dryer bearings in the plywood industry.
Features and Benefits
Its excellent wear resistance, especially in extremely dry environments, make it a material of choice in hydrogen and natural gas compressors. Its almost universal chemical resistance enables it to withstand corrosives and acids sometimes present in trace amounts in these environments.
It has a higher load capacity than Rulon® J and better abrasion resistance than both Rulon® J and Rulon® 123.
- Excellent wear resistance, especially in dry environments
- Chemical resistant to corrosives and acids
- Higher load capacity than Rulon® J
- Better abrasion resistance than Rulon® J and Rulon® 123
- Working Temperature Range: -240° to +288°C [-400° to +550°F]