Fluorosint 207's unmatched dimensional stability, excellent creep resistance and white color uniquely position this material to serve FDA regulated applications. It is non-permeable in steam and complies with the FDA's regulation 21 CFR 175.300. Its relative wear rate is 1/20 the rate of PTFE below 300°F (150°C).
- Chemical resistance parallels PTFE
- Continuous use temperatures to 500°F (260°C)
- Compared to PTFE
- higher load carrying capability
- 1/9 of the deformation under load
- lower coefficient of thermal expansion
Fluorosint enhanced PTFE’s unique properties are the result of a proprietary process in which synthetically manufactured mica is chemically linked to virgin PTFE. This bonding results in properties not normally attainable in reinforced PTFE. Fluorosint grades offer an excellent combination of low frictional properties and dimensional stability.