Nylon 101 is an extruded form of polyamide, offering rigidity, strength, wear resistance, and heat resistance to 210°F. It is commonly used in both structural and general-purpose bearing and wear applications. This material is available in natural and black. The natural material is compliant with FDA, USDA, NST, and 3A-Dairy regulations.
- Broadest size range availability
- Good mechanical and electrical properties
- Ideal balance of strength and toughness
- Many grade options: FDA compliant, Internally lubricated, Heat stabilized
- Cast as finished parts and near net shapes (nylon 6)
Of all the unmodified nylons, Nylon 101 is the strongest, most rigid and has one of the highest melting points. It is commonly specified for screw machined electrical insulators and food contact parts.
It is stocked in both natural and black. Other colors are available on a custom basis. Nylon 101 natural is FDA, USDA, NSF, and 3A-Dairy compliant.