The new ChipMaster sensor from Eaton's electrical business is an application-specific sensing solution designed to better tolerate metal chips near the sensor face. Where typical inductive proximity sensors immediately false trigger in such an environment, the ChipMaster has the ability to ignore chip build-up to a greater extent.
ChipMaster utilizes an embedded microprocessor-based sensing technology, which allows for greater "field loading" than standard inductive proximity sensors. This gives ChipMaster the unique ability to discriminate between metal chips and true targets within the sensing field.
The ChipMaster represents the best inductive sensing solution for metal cutting, stamping and forming machine applications and will perform more reliably than a typical inductive sensor in challenging applications where metal chips can cause false triggering. Eliminate unreliable sensor operation and costly downtime with the ChipMaster, available in AC and DC, 18 mm and 30 mm diameters with high noise immunity.
- Tolerates metal chips within sensing field better than standard inductive proximity sensors
- Auto-configure output allows for automatic NPN or PNP on DC sensors
- Rugged stainless steel housing with shock absorbent potting compound
- Resistant to extreme temperatures (-40C) and high pressure washdown
- High electrical noise immunity of 20 V/m
- Metal Machining