SAFRAIL™ industrial fiberglass handrails are commercial railing systems for stair rails, platform/walkway handrails and guardrails. SAFRAIL™ systems are fabricated from pultruded fiberglass components produced by Strongwell and molded thermoplastic connectors. The railing systems are particularly well-suited to corrosive environments like those found in industrial, chemical and wastewater treatment plants as well as commercial structures with urban and salt air corrosion.
Advantages of Fiberglass Handrail System
SAFRAIL™ is the result of more than 40 years of experience in the manufacture, design and fabrication of fiberglass handrail systems. SAFRAIL™ systems offer these advantages:
- Ease of Assembly – SAFRAIL™ is produced in lightweight standard sections that include both post and rail. Systems can be prefabricated in large sections and shipped to the site or fabricated and installed on-site with simple carpenter tools.
- Internal Connection System - All connections fit flush, resulting in a pleasing, streamlined appearance. The internal connections allow the construction of continuous handrail systems around circular tanks without special fittings.
- Safety Features - SAFRAIL™ systems come in a “safety yellow color”, feature low electrical conductivity for worker safety and exhibit high strength. Systems meet federal OSHA standards with a 2:1 factor of safety with a 6-foot (1830mm) maximum post spacing. SAFRAIL™ systems also comply with international standard AFNOR NF E 85-101.
- Low Maintenance - Molded-in color plus an optional tough polyurethane coating will outlast aluminum or steel systems and requires virtually no maintenance.
- Cost Effective - Fiberglass components and an easy-to-assemble design provide savings on labor and maintenance, resulting in long-term savings and eliminating the cost and inconvenience of “downtime for repairs” in plant operations.