The Alfa Laval PilotUnit 4" UF/MF is a desktop laboratory unit in a handy and compact design. It holds a 4" spiral element for ultrafiltration or microfiltration with a membrane area of up
to 7 square metres.
The Alfa Laval PilotUnit 4" UF/MF is ideal for ultrafiltration and microfiltration tests of system configurations, as well as for pilot and small-scale production.
- Versatile filtration properties
- up to 7 m2 membrane area
- test of different spiral element types
- system configuration and comparison tests
- product volumes ranging from 20 to 1,000 litres
- Sanitary design with all materials in compliance with FDA regulations
- Rapid, easy exchange of spiral element
- Operation at pH 1-13, and pressures of up to 6 bar
- Complete unit with pump, valves, instrumentation, tank, etc. Needs only a power supply, water, and feed product to operate
Spiral element options
The element housing in the Alfa Laval PilotUnit 4" UF/MF is 965 mm long and is specially designed for the Alfa Laval 3.8" ultrafiltration and microfiltration spiral elements.