The 810A is a Hand Held Capacitance Meter from BK Precision. Capacitance meters are used to measure discrete capacitors and come in bench and portable varieties.
- 3 1/2 Digit LCD with a maximum reading of 1999
- Measures: pF, nF, uF
- Overrange Indication: "1" or "-1"
- Low Battery Indicator
- Sampling Rate: 2.5 measurements per second, nominal
- Excitation Voltage: 3.2 volts maximum
- Zero Adjustment Range: ± 20 pF minimum
- Power: Single standard 9 V battery, NEDA 1604 or equivalent
- Battery Life: 100 hours typical (alkaline)
- Dimensions: (H x W x D) 1-3/8" x 3-9/16" x 7-1/2" (35 mm x 90 mm x 190mm), 1-3/4 (45 mm) max height at tilted window
The BK Precision 810A is a 3.5 Digit Capacitance Meter that measures pF, nF, and uF. The 810A applies a very low voltage to the capacitor under measurement. Capacitors often have notoriously wide tolerances. Typically, measured values of up to 100% greater than the rated value are observed. However, values are seldom drastically below the rated value.
The 810A utilizes an ac measurement method. This method is inherently more immune to error than meters using the timed dc-ramp method when measuring high-leakage capacitors; a situation common with electrolytic capacitors.