The angular contact bearing is a conventional design. It features a circular pocket separator and a 30? contact angle along with approximately 67% of a full complement of balls. The chief benefit of this bearing is that it provides greater thrust capacity than a radial contact or four-point contact bearing. Because of its counterbored outer race, an angular contact bearing has unidirectional thrust capacity. This bearing should be mounted opposed to another bearing to establish and maintain the contact angle, and to support reversing thrust loads.
Ball Bearing Features
- AISI 52100 steel rings and balls standard
- Available in 440C and M-50 steel
- Circular pocket separator
- Singles, pairs, tri-sets and quad sets available
- Specialty lubricants available