LG Chem leads the way in membrane technology.
Thin-film membranes are widely used in water treatment processes as a means of removing contaminants and purifying water from a broad range of sources. LG Chem develops and manufactures reverse osmosis (RO) membranes that are widely used in various applications ranging from seawater desalination to waste water reuse. In May 2014, LG Chem acquired NanoH2O, a US-based RO membrane manufacturer known for its innovative thin-film nanocomposite membrane technology that dramatically improves membrane efficiency and productivity. This unique technology, combined with LG Chem’s experience in roll-to-roll coating, excellence in chemical and polymer manufacturing, and world-class research & development will propel the growth of its NanoH2O™ line of reverse osmosis membranes.
|Seawater desalination||ES: Energy-Saving Membranes||
- Highest flux with high salt rejection
- Well suited for low temperature seawater or two-pass systems
|R, GR, and SR: High Rejection Membranes||
- Highest salt rejection in the industry (99.85%)
- Well suited for high quality permeate requirements or reducing size of second pass
|Industrial / Municipal use||ES: Energy-Saving Membranes|
(Rated at 150 psi/10.3 bar)
- High flux and industry-standard rejection.
- Well suited for low saline water or municipal water treatment
|Household use||RO membrane flat sheet||
- Dry membrane for easy rolling and storage with excellent flux and salt rejection.
|RO membrane element||
- Dry element for easy handling and storage with excellent performance and
short stabilization time to peak performance