The VIS series is a two-terminal, bi-directional, voltage triggered switch, specifically for ignition circuits used in high pressure HID lighting. The gas plasma trigger technology offers very fast switch speeds with improved di/dt values compared to similar function silicon based devices. Switching voltages are fixed depending on the part number selected.
- RoHS compliant
- Ceramic chamber for ultimate reliability.
- Very high switch speed when switch voltage acheived. High di/dt allows for optimum performance of ignition transformers.
- Tape and reel to EIA 481-1
- Switching stored electrical energy (such as capacitive discharge) at predetermined voltages.
- In gas/fuel ignition systems and similar circuits