Radicom Research's RW8200 Embedded WiFi Module supports Serial, SPI and optional USB interfaces. It integrates an ARM Cortex-M3 host processor, Broadcom's Wireless Internet Connectivity for Embedded Devices (WICED) supported WiFi chipset, RF front end, clocks and on- board antennas or U.FL connectors into a compact module. The RW8200 can be used to add state of the art data WiFi wireless operation to any system with minimum engineering resources.
Featuring self-contained WiFi subsystem, streamlined data accessibility with extended AT commands, the RW8200 can be used as a standalone WiFi station or network controller. It allows OEM's to incorporate wireless connectivity into a broad range of products that previously did not feature networking capability.
The RW8200 enables the addition of secure, interoperable WiFi functionality through a simple serial port using a basic AT command set for wireless products and extended command sets for extra features.
The RW8200 contains WiFi networking and TCP/IP stack that enables simplified WiFi integration into any MCU based consumer products. It provides WiFi adoption in emerging markets including Connected Home Appliances, Consumer Electronics and Cloud-based Sensors, Healthcare and Security services. The RW8200 is perfect for TCP/IP socket level applications such as TCP server & client control for remote appliance sensors, or wireless cable, web server and other remote I/O applications.
- Interfaces: Serial and SPI (master only)
- USB interface available with a Serial-to-USB adapter
- 802.11 b/g/n compliant
- Solutions with WLAN, MAC, baseband and power amplifier
- WiFi client and AP mode support
- RTOS & TCP/IP stack support
- Configurable through AT and extended commands
- Low power 3.3V operation
- Extended operating temperature (-40°C to +85°C)
- Small size: 0.79” x 1.30” x 0.14” (RW8200), 1.00" x 1.35" x 0.30" (RW8200HM)
- On-board antennas or U.FL connectors
- Dual antennae for MIMO single stream operation
- Sensor applications support: ADC, DAC, GPIO
- Transmit power: +18 dBm @ 11b/11Mbps
- Maximum receive sensitivity: -96dBm
- RoHS compliant
- Agency approvals: