- Flexible ISDN BRI and FXS/FXO Port Combinations—Connect analog phone/fax, answering machines, intercom stations, and ISDN-PBX systems with combinations of 4 to 8 FXS, up to 4 FXO, and 2 to 8 BRI interfaces.
- Proven Interoperability—SIP interop with major IP PBX, softswitch, and VoIP service providers. Over 100,000 SmartNode deployments worldwide. ISDN/PSTN compliance in nearly every country.
- QoS and Security—Deliver secure, toll-quality voice communications with Patton’s DownStreamQoS™ with adaptive traffic management and shaping—plus secure voice-over-VPN with AES/DES strong encryption.
- Transparent Telephony Features—Deliver secure, toll-quality voice communications with Patton’s DownStreamQoS™ with adaptive traffic management and shaping—plus secure voice-over-VPN with AES/DES strong encryption.
- Fax that Works—T.38, SuperG3 Fax, enhanced G.711 fax and modem bypass provide reliable fax over VoIP networks using traditional analog or IP-based fax end stations.
- High-Precision Clock—Delivers DECT PBX interoperability and reliable fax performance.
The SmartNode™ 4670 offers Broadband Providers flexible combinations of ISDN BRI, analog FXS/FXO, and Ethernet/IP interfaces with G.SHDSL broadband access to deliver a unique, single box CPE solution allowing Enterprises to IP-enable their legacy ISDN-PBX and analog phone/fax/answering machine and audio-intercom systems.
Providing 4 Ethernet, 2 to 8 BRI, 4 to 8 FXS, and up to 4 FXO ports, the SN4670 inter-connects any Ethernet switch, ISDN PBX or IP-data network to support 8 to 16 simultaneous VoIP calls using SIP, FXS/FXO or BRI signaling. In addition, the built-in 11.4 Mbps 4-wire G.SHDSL interface provides seamless WAN access.
Like every SmartNode™, the SN4670 supports every industry-standard CODEC to deliver toll-quality voice on every call. Adding session border controller capabilities, the SN4670 includes IP transcoding for up to 8 SIP channels. The Unified Communications Agent™ (UCA) provides any-to-any multi-path switching (simultaneous SIP, H.323, ISDN, and POTS calls with routing and conversion between TDM/PSTN and IP/Ethernet networks—plus T.38 and SuperG3 FAX). VoIP-over-VPN with voice encryption provides secure voice and data via IPsec with AES/DES strong encryption and automated keying via Internet Key Exchange (IKE). In addition, advanced call-router functionality includes least-cost call routing with flexible dialed-number plan support.