The 907-GEM is an expandable Gigabit Ethernet (GbE) multiplexer that enables modular fiber optic telemetry solutions, particularly for Ethernet intensive applications. As a motherboard, the 907-GEM provides four completely independent and “switchless” 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet links and can be stacked with standard 907 expansion cards to add other signal types, such as serial channels (RS-232/485/422), hydrophones, responder triggers, CAN Bus and various analog and digital sonars. Given the growing adoption of real-time Ethernet for critical control systems (e.g. EtherCAT) and digital video (e.g. GigE Vision), the low latency 907-GEM is an exceptional core solution for current and future applications.
As a standalone card, 907-GEM replaces four separate Ethernet media converters with a single board and a single fiber link. This significantly reduces size and cost compared to standard media converter solutions, which typically require 2-4 stacked cards plus four transceivers, eight fibers and an optical coupler for the same Ethernet capability.
A wide range of optical options are available for the 907-GEM, including CWDM wavelengths for optical multiplexing with other media converters and multiplexers. Optical power budgets are typically 20-26 dB over 10 km of singlemode fiber, and multimode links of up to 2 km are also supported. In addition to on-board LEDs, the 907-GEM includes integrated diagnostics when used with the standard diagnostics card (907-DIAG-E) and graphical user interface (GUI) software.
- Four independent (switchless) 10/100/1000 Mbps Ethernet links
- Interchangeable SFP optical transceiver
- Rugged design for harsh environments, including pressure tolerant version
- Compatible with 907-DIAG-E diagnostic card and Graphical User Interface (GUI) software
- Supports up to six 907 expansion cards
- Reduces cost and size for systems with multiple Ethernet media converters
- Provides low latency for real-time systems
- Simplifies troubleshooting with advanced diagnostics
- Enables expandable and reconfigurable multiplexer solutions
- Replaces many fiber links and transceivers with a single fiber link
- Supports a wide range of optical options, including CWDM wavelengths and multimode configurations