The Model 922-QSS is a part of Focal’s Subsea OilField Communications (SOC) product line providing a SIIS level 1, 2 and IWIS gateway. Ideal for use in a Subsea Electronics Module (SEM) for subsea drilling, or subsea production.
The Model 922-QSS is a subsea qualified SIIS Level 1, 2 and IWIS gateway enabling sensors, valves and other I/O to communicate with a modern SIIS level 3 control system. A single model 922-QSS supports multiple serial, fault tolerant CAN Bus and 4-20 mA channels reducing card count and architecture complexity.
Each serial channel is completely independent, providing maximum fault tolerance. The fault tolerant CAN Bus and 4-20 mA are on a separate expansion card, and provide high channel isolation, and protection features.
Real time advanced diagnostics are provided via standard Modbus TCP available over any of the Ethernet connections.
Compatible with other 922 products (e.g. 922-MES) and provides a unified software interface to simplify integration.
Designed, tested and qualified for permanent subsea installation where long life, redundancy and maintenance free operation are mission critical.
- 4 serial channels supporting RS-232 / 422 / 485, software con-figurable
- Serial-UDP, Modbus RTU – Modbus TCP, PPP-IP
- Option for 4 x SIIS level 2 (CAN Bus per ISO 11893-3, Fault Tolerant) and 20 x SIIS level 1 (4-20 mA) with expansion card
- Isolation, reverse polarity protection, over-voltage protection
- 3 port SIIS level 3 switch
- DHCP-configured IP address with static IP backup
- Qualified per ISO 13628-6 / API 17F
- MTBF > 200,000 hours at +40 °C
- Advanced diagnostics and configuration using Modbus TCP
- 3U Eurocard form-factor with options for front panel
- Failsafe remote firmware update
- Proven SIIS level I, II, III and IWIS solution for subsea communications
- Reduces cost by using standard configurations
- Reduces card count and architecture complexity by supporting multiple I/O
- Simplifies integration with unified software interface