More than just a media converter, the model 920-EDM Ethernet and Data Multiplexer combines two 10/100 Base-T(X) Ethernet channels, one 1000 Base-T Gigabit Ethernet channel, and a CAN Bus channel on a single bidirectional fiber-optic link. This seamless integration of multiple channels in a single interface box reduces overall system costs and space requirements when optical links are needed. The availability of several interface types supports multiple control system protocols or upgrades without the need to change the interface modules. Furthermore, the low latency design of the 920-EDM makes it ideal for real-time control applications.
Front panel LEDs provide status on critical functions while detailed diagnostic information, such as optical Rx/Tx power, temperature, internal voltage and error counts, may be monitored through a Modbus TCP interface on a dedicated 10/100 Base-T(X) Ethernet port. Built-In-Tests (BITs) may also be triggered and monitored via the diagnostic link to independently verify optical and system performance.
- Multiplexes 10/100 M and Gigabit Ethernet, plus CAN Bus on the same optical link
- Ethernet and CAN Bus channels are independent and have dedicated bandwidth (i.e. non-switching)
- Single fiber operation
- Diagnostics via Modbus link on an independent Ethernet port
- Low and deterministic latency to allow for real-time protocols such as EtherCAT and DeviceNet
- Replaces multiple media converters with a single module
- Replaces multiple fiber cables with a single fiber
- Supports multiple real-time serial protocols e.g. CAN Bus, DeviceNet
- Supports multiple real-time Ethernet protocols, e.g. EtherCAT PROFINET, and Modbus TCP
- Simplifies troubleshooting and system testing with advanced diagnostics