The model 922 is a fiber-optic Ethernet switch with five copper Ethernet ports and two optical Ethernet ports, designed and extensively tested specifically for high-reliability subsea control and communication applications.
A range of qualified pluggable fiber-optic transceivers allow users to customize the Model 922 for reliable Ethernet communication over fiber umbilicals up to 200 km long. Dual fiber-optic transceivers and on-board link monitoring allow for optical redundancy with built-in automatic fiber switchover, and the modular 3U Eurocard design allows for complete system redundancy using multiple cards installed in a custom subsea housing or in a 3U rack at the surface. Remote diagnostics and managed switch controls are accessible via any optical or copper Ethernet port using Modbus TCP protocol or an embedded webserver.
The Model 922 is qualified to Q1 ISO 13628-6 standards. Additional Environmental Stress Screening (ESS) is available.
- Qualified, screened, and acceptance tested per ISO 13628-6
- Hi-rel, low power design with MTBF 200,000 hours validated by accelerated life testing and field data from similar designs
- Redundant, pluggable optical transceivers with automatic fiber switchover
- Redundant Ethernet switches with managed switch functions including VLAN, QoS, priority, and port-based rate limiting
- Advanced diagnostics and modem configuration using Modbus TCP
- DHCP-configured IP address with static IP backup
- 3U Eurocard form-factor with options for front panels on console assemblies and heat-sinks on subsea assemblies
- Provides a proven modem solution optimized for subsea controls
- Supports customer configuration of modems using a range of qualified pluggable optical transceivers, including CWDM wavelengths and bidirectional (single fiber) versions
- Reduces costs by using standard base configurations