The Model 922-DSL Hybrid Modem is a part of Focal’s Subsea Oil-Field Communications (SOC) product line providing long range copper links using industry leading Digital Subscriber Loop (DSL) technology. It offers the advantage of supporting three modem types (DSL, Serial and Optical) with integrated managed Ethernet switch and device server on a single card. This facilitates easy and flexible integration into a Subsea Electronics Module (SEM).
The Model 922-DSL modem is a highly flexible modem supporting multiple transmission mediums. This allows customers to upgrade legacy systems that use DSL or serial links, and also support fiber-optic or copper SIIS level 3 (Ethernet) links with the same card.
Internal communication to the model 922-DSL can be via SIIS Level 2 (fault tolerant CAN Bus), SIIS level 3 (Ethernet), or serial (RS-232 / 422 IWIS / 485). It also can perform format conversion, such as communicate over RS-232 at one end, and convert to SIIS Level 3 at the other end. This flexibility provides many benefits in interoperability with legacy systems or modern control systems.
Advanced diagnostics provide real time health monitoring of the system and include optical SFP information, temperature, voltage, humidity, Ethernet link status, and Ethernet switch configuration. The Model 922-DSL uses the common SOC unified software interface, making integration faster and easier.
Optical capabilities are available by using Focal’s subsea qualified fiber-optic SFP modules. Option are available supporting tiebacks or step outs of up to 200 km.
Designed, tested and qualified for permanent subsea installation where long life, redundancy and maintenance free operation are mission critical.
- Support for SIIS level 3 Ethernet (copper or fiber-optic), DSL Serial
- Internal communications supports 3-port SIIS level 3 managed switch, 2 x SIIS level 2 RS-232 / 422 / 485 serial and CAN Bus
- User configurable automatic media switching with priority
- Integrated device server and managed Ethernet switch
- DHCP-configured IP address with static IP backup
- Isolation, reverse polarity protection, over-voltage protection
- Serial-UDP, Modbus RTU – Modbus TCP, PPP-IP
- Qualified per ISO 13628-6 / API 17F
- MTBF > 200,000 hours at +40°C
- Advanced diagnostics and configuration using Modbus TCP
- 3U Eurocard form-factor with options for front panel
- Failsafe remote firmware update
- Fully qualified for use subsea per ISO13628-6 / API 17F
- Proven SIIS Level I, II and III and IWIS solution for subsea communications
- Reduces cost by using standard configurations
- Simplifies integration with unified software interface
- Reduces card count and architecture complexity by supporting multiple I/O