The AW2400iS is designed for point-to-multipoint wireless networks that require FIPS 140-2 security to connect to "fringe" IP devices, including IP access control readers, remote printers, remote PCs, VoIP phones, point-of-sale devices, digital signage or industrial control devices.
Many government agencies and certain other industries are required to encrypt sensitive data with a method that conforms to NIST Standard FIPS 140-2. AvaLAN has developed a hardware encryption module that has been validated to FIPS 140-2 Level 2. We have incorporated this module within our wireless Ethernet radios to allow you to create a FIPS-validated secure private network.
The radio’s case is rugged extruded aluminum and is designed to meet C1D2 standards for hazardous environments (certification pending). The 2.4 GHz band is the most globally accepted unlicensed portion of the RF spectrum. AvaLAN’s unique solution offers 29 non-overlapping channels and maximum legal power to provide five times the range of Wi-Fi through walls or line-of-sight.
For complete product specifications and manuals, click on the Downloads tab.
- FIPS 140-2 Level 2 Validated Data Security
- High RF output power provides maximum foliage and/or wall penetration
- Remote diagnostics and link analysis with browser interface
- Does not require an FCC license to operate or install
- Operates up to 29 access points, each on its own non-overlapping channel with up to 16 clients per access point