Icron's USB Ranger® 2212 represents yet another alternative that also still enables USB 2.0 connections at up to 480 Mbps over 100m/330ft of Solid Conductor Cat 5e (or better) cabling. The 2212 is designed for those who require full 500mA power at the REX unit but do not have an electrical outlet available at that location. The 2212 supports two device ports and provides power from the LEX unit only to the REX unit. The System delivers power to the REX unit over the Solid Conductor Cat5 (or better) extension link simplifying certain installation situations in industrial, medical and commercial applications. The Ranger 2212 is FCC/CE Class B certified and meets EN-61000 8kV ESD immunity.
This LEGACY USB 2.0 Ranger 2212 extender is not recommended for new designs, instead please consider the newer USB 2.0 Ranger 2312 to take advantage of improved functionality, interoperability, and pricing.
Supported platforms include: Windows, MAC OS, Linux UK, European and Australian power versions available. Optional mounting kit for 2212 available. Contact your L-com Sales Representative for details.
- Provides two remote USB 2.0 ports. Number of devices can be increased using additional USB hubs
- Supports all major operating systems including Windows®, Mac OS®, and Linux®
- Delivers power to REX unit over the Solid Conductor CAT 5 (or better) extension link simplifying certain installation situations.
- Extends USB 2.0 high-speed and USB 1.1 (low-speed, full speed) devices up to 100 meters over Solid Conductor Cat 5 (or better) cable.
- True plug and play, ready to operate right out of the box. No new driver installation required
- Remote admin/control
- Industrial USB applications
- PC peripheral
- Retail POS