Icron's USB Ranger® 2201 provides USB 2.0 high speed extension, enabling USB 2.0 connections at up to 480Mbps over 100m/328ft of solid conductor Cat 5e (or better) cabling. The Ranger 2201 addresses the adverse operating environments ideal for ExtremeUSB® applications. Ranger 2201 is also certified for demanding industrial environments: FCC/CE Class B certified, meets EN-61000 8kV ESD immunity and is housed in a robust metal enclosure This USB extender requires AC power (included) at the remote REX end. Additionally an optional LEX power supply (sold separately) is available for USB ports that cannot provide the required 500mA current.
This LEGACY USB 2.0 Ranger 2201 extender is not recommended for new designs, instead please consider the newer USB 2.0 Ranger 2301 to take advantage of improved functionality, interoperability, and pricing.
Supported platforms include: Windows, MAC OS, Linux. UK, European and Australian power versions available. Optional mounting kits also available. Contact your L-com Sales Representative for details.
- Extends USB 2.0 high-speed and USB 1.1 (low-speed, full speed) devices up to 100 meters over Cat 5 (or better) cable
- True plug and play, ready to operate right out of the box. No new driver installation required
- AC power adapter at remote unit (REX) provides standard 500mA to the USB port
- Provides one remote USB 2.0 port. Number of devices can be increased using additional USB hubs
- Supports all major operating systems including Windows®, Mac OS®, and Linux®
- PC peripheral
- Industrial USB applications
- Remote admin/control
- Retail POS