- FRONT PANEL CONTROLS: (1) Manual pushbutton allows local switching.
- PORT CONNECTORS: (3) RJ45 female connectors labeled A, B, and COMMON
for each of the channels.
- DISPLAY: (2) Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- REMOTE: (1) RJ45 female connector on rear panel accepts 10/100 Base-T LAN Ethernet, Telnet and Graphical User Interface for Remote Control operation.
- POWER: UL approved 100VAC/240VAC, 50Hz/60Hz wall mount power module supplies 12VDC to the unit. Has 2-prong, US, non-polarized plug.
- ENCLOSURE: All aluminum enclosure designed to be EMI/RFI resistant.
- Dimensions: Rackmount 19.0" W x 3.5" H x 10.0" D. (48.3 x 8.9 x 25.4 cm)
- WEIGHT: 9.0 lbs. (4.1 Kg)
16 CHANNEL RJ45 A/B APPLICATION: The diagram shows the switch function of the Model 7236E, eight channel RJ45 switch and the Model 7238E sixteen channel RJ45 switch. For each channel a network or device connected to the COMMON port has access to two other networks or devices connected to the A and B ports. Both Model 7236E and 7238E have a RJ45 REMOTE port that accepts 10/100 Base-T Ethernet and is IP Addressable (with GUI Remote Access) for remote control operation.
MODEL 7238E FEATURES:
- Each channel allows access to two RJ45 networks from one COMMON network or device.
- Switches all 8 pins of the RJ45 interface.
- Transparent to data speed and format.
- Local control via front-panel pushbutton.
- Control of the switch position from a 10/100 Base-T LAN Ethernet environment.
- The RJ45 Remote port accepts 10/100 Base-T Ethernet and is IP Addressable (with GUI). This allows Remote access from a standard web browser by simply entering in the I.P. address of the switch. Access is permitted after the password is authenticated. User privileges are configurable by the supervisor status user. Graphical representation allows simply point and click control.
- Remote control is password protected.
- Front-panel pushbutton control can be locked out, remotely.
- All 16 channels switch simultaneously.
- Front panel LED's display switch position and power status.
- Retains last switch position in the event of power loss and continues to pass data.
- For an 8 Channel version of this switch, see "Related Product" Model 7236E
The Pathway® Model 7238E is controlled locally via front-panel pushbutton, or remotely via RJ45 REMOTE port located on the rear panel.
Optional Wide Range Power Supply: (Cat No. 517277):
CE, RoHS, and UL listed table mount power module 100VAC/240VAC 50/60 Hz for use in place of standard power module that is included with the unit. Has IEC 60320 C14 inlet. Ideal for international applications.