The PathWay® Model 7185 DB15 8-to-1 Switch with RS232 Remote allows the user the capability of sharing a single DB15 interface device, connected to the Common port, among eight other devices, connected to the “A”, “B”, “C”, “D”, “E”, “F”, “G” and “H” ports. The Model 7185 is enclosed in a 1U, full rack size, all metal black chassis designed to provide EMI/ RFI shielding and fit in a standard 19” rack.
There is no “local” or front panel switch control on the unit. The Model 7185 can ONLY be switched remotely from the DB9 (female) Serial Interface Remote port located on the rear of the unit. The front panel LED display indicates the switch position and unit power status.
- Allows quick connection to any one of eight devices from one COMMON device.
- The ports are transparent to all data.
- All (15) pins of the DB15 interface are switched via break- before-make electromechanical relays.
- The unit maintains last set position on power loss and continues to pass data.
- No front panel control.
- Remote RS232 ASCII commands that allow the user to control switch position, obtain switch status, query firmware version number, and query serial number.
- Front panel LED’s display the present position and power status.
- Attractive all metal black box packaging provides EMI/RFI shielding.
The ASCII command set is as follows:
- “CTRL-A” created by holding down the [CTRL] and [A] key on the keyboard, changes the switch position to “A”;
- “CTRL-B” changes the switch position to “B”;
- “CTRL-C” changes the switch position to “C”;
- “CTRL-D” changes the switch position to “D”
- “CTRL-E” changes the switch position to “E”;
- “CTRL-F” changes the switch position to “F”;
- “CTRL-G” changes the switch position to “G”;
- “CTRL-H” changes the switch position to “H”;
- “CTRL-P” queries the switch position status
- “CTRL-N” query unit serial number;
- “CTRL-V” query hardware version number.