Get Scalable Aggregation for Industrial Environments
Get a flexible, highly reliable, and scalable Industrial Ethernet platform built to withstand extreme industrial environments. The IE5000 Series delivers highly secure aggregation and industry-leading convergence and resiliency. These switches can improve uptime, performance, and safety of industrial systems and equipment.
Boost Speeds, Reduce Downtime
Features and Capabilities
The IE5000 Series is built to withstand extreme environments while adhering to overall IT network design, compliance, and performance requirements. These switches are ideal for industrial Ethernet applications where hardened highly scalable products are required. Examples include:
- Factory automation
- Power utility substations
- Intelligent transportation systems (ITS)
- Oil and gas field sites
- Connected cities
With improved performance, a more comprehensive feature set, and enhanced hardware, the 5000 Series offers superior bandwidth and capacity. Options include:
- 24 Gbps Ethernet (1 GE) ports (12 100/1000 Mbps SFP and 12 10/100/1000 Mbps PoE and PoE+ RJ-45-based) plus four 10-Gbps (10 GE) ports (SFP+)
- 24 Gbps Ethernet (1 GE) ports (12 100/1000 Mbps SFP and 12 10/100/1000 Mbps PoE and PoE+ RJ-45-based) plus four 1-Gbps (1 GE) ports (SFP)
- High-density industrial PoE or PoE+ support for in-line power for up to 12 power devices
- Robust resiliency and enhanced security
- Cisco IOS Software features for smooth IT integration and policy consistency
- Simplified, pay-as-you-go software upgrades with universal software images
- Reduced down-time
High-availability technology facilitates network-wide resilience to increase IP network availability. This results in continuous access to applications, data, and content as organizations dramatically scale network size.
- Lower operating expenditure costs
Zero-touch deployment and very simplified operations can enable switches to auto-discover and auto-configure new devices.
- Improved security
Integrating cybersecurity throughout the network delivers extensive visibility and control. It also allows security policies to be enforced throughout the extended network, without creating traffic bottlenecks.
- Investment protection
Software licensing offers new improved software features without hardware upgrades.
The IE5000 can be easily managed by Cisco Industrial Network Director, a network management system purpose built for industrial applications that uses the complete capabilities of the Cisco Industrial Ethernet product family to make the network easily accessible to non-IT operations personnel.
Specifications at a Glance
|Port configuration||28 Ethernet ports|
- Four 10 Gigabit Ethernet (10 GE) SFP and SPF Plus-based optical ports (IE-5000-12S12P-10G model)
- Four 1 Gigabit Ethernet (1 GE) SFP-based optical ports (IE-5000-16S12P model)
|Downlinks||24 Gigabit Ethernet ports (twelve 100/1000 Mbps SFP-based plus twelve 10/100/1000 Mbps PoE/PoE+ RJ-45-based)|
|Manageability||Swappable SD flash card (for configuration storage), mini USB connector, RJ-45 console port;
Easy configuration and monitoring through a web browser
|Industrial Ethernet protocols supported||Ethernet/IP, PROFINET v2, IEEE 1588 PTP v2, and more|