The Cisco 2500 Series Connected Grid Switch is a rugged switch optimized for use in transmission and distribution (T&D) power substations.
The Cisco 2520 Connected Grid Switch (CGS 2520) is designed for substation networks to meet the harsh environments common in transmission and distribution substations. The CGS 2520 uses Cisco IOS Software, the operating system that powers millions of Cisco switches worldwide.
- Rugged industrial design and substation compliance: IEC-61850-3 and IEEE 1613 for utility substation environments
- No fans, no moving parts for maximum reliability
- Tools for easy deployment, management, and replacement
- Extensive instrumentation and remote diagnostic capabilities
- Advanced Cisco IOS Software features such as 802.1x, Layer 2-Layer 4 access control lists, port security, and more
- Advanced QoS capabilities to support mission-critical substation applications such as supervisory control and data acquisition (SCADA) and IEC 61850 Generic Object-Oriented Substation Events (GOOSE) messaging
- Comprehensive network security features based on open standards
- Field-replaceable components such as power supplies and Small Form-Factor Pluggables (SFPs)
- Intuitive graphical user interface (GUI) using Cisco Configuration Professional
In addition, the 2520 Connected Grid Switch has these features:
- REP and Flexlink provide fast reconvergence in ring and hub-and-spoke topologies
- Smartport templates provide one-touch global and port-level macros to simplify switch deployments
Two Models for Added Flexibility
- 24-port 10/100TX with dual-purpose gigabit Ethernet uplinks
- 24 ports of mixed fiber and copper, including 16 fast Ethernet fiber SFP ports and 8 10/100 Power over Ethernet (PoE) ports with dual-purpose gigabit Ethernet uplinks
Use the rugged CGS 2500 along with the Cisco 2000 Series Connected Grid Router
The Cisco CGS 2520 can be easily managed by Cisco Industrial Network Director, a network management system purpose built for industrial applications that uses the complete capabilities of the Cisco CGS 2520 product family to make the network easily accessible to non-IT operations personnel.