Cisco Catalyst 4900 Series Switches deliver high-performance, low-latency wire-speed Layer 2 and 3 services in a small form factor (1 or 2 rack units). The 4900 Series is ideal for space-constrained deployments.
Data Center: Top-of-Rack Server Aggregation
Branch Offices: LAN Collapsed Core and Distribution Aggregation
- Architectural Flexibility: Increased link use without buffer overflow and Layer 2 and 3 support at the access layer as needed
- Investment Protection: Smooth transition from 10/100/1000 to 10 Gb Ethernet interfaces
- Simplified Management: Edge switch auto-provisioning
- Transport Flexibility: Support for a wide range of storage, high-performance computing, and video applications
- Interface Flexibility: Support for a wide range of Gb Ethernet and 10 Gb Ethernet interfaces
- High Performance: Up to 320 Gbps forwarding capacity
- Multilayer Support: Support for main routing protocols and IPv6 in hardware
- High Availability: Hot swappable redundant power supply and fans
- Investment Protection: Simple migration from Gb to 10 Gb Ethernet
The latest addition to the Cisco Catalyst 4900 Series is the Cisco Catalyst 4948E. It inherits all the features of the award-winning Catalyst 4948 10Gb Ethernet Switch and also offers 10Gb Ethernet uplinks, front-to-back airflow, and IPv6 in hardware.