Reliable Communications for Field Area Networks
Utilities and energy providers can now deploy rugged multiservice routers in secondary substations, on pole tops, and in other harsh environments. Cisco 1000 Series Connected Grid Routers offer a reliable communications platform for smart metering, distribution automation, and remote workforce automation.
Features and Capabilities
The 1000 series routers are designed for use in field area networks. The portfolio's two models are designed to operate reliably in various types of harsh environments, ranging from indoor substations to outdoor pole-top deployments.
Both models are modular and support a variety of communications interfaces, such as WiMAX, 2G, 3G, and 4G LTE, 900 MHz RF Mesh, Ethernet, and Wi-Fi.
This router series features:
Specifications at a Glance
- Rugged industrial design and compliance with IEC-61850-3 and IEEE 1613 for utility substation environments
- Multi-service features including IPv6, advanced routing, IP multicast, and quality of service
- Comprehensive security capabilities based on open standards
- A highly resilient design that optimizes communications network uptime and availability
- Network and device management tools for easy deployment, upgrades, and remote monitoring
|Cisco 1240 Connected Grid Router (Outdoor Model)||
Cisco 1120 Connected Grid Router (Indoor Model)
|Chassis type||Pole-top mounting, IP67 ruggedized||Din-rail mounting, IP30 ruggedized|
|Integrated ports||2 serial, 2 GE, 4 FE||2 serial, 2 GE, 6 FE|
|Backup battery||Yes, integrated||No; needs external battery backup|
|Power supply||1-Phase AC: 100 - 240 VAC||3-Phase AC and DC: 100 - 240 VAC and 9 - 60 VDC|
(H x W x D)
|30.5 cm x 23 cm x 21.6 cm|
(12 in. x 9.0 in. x 8.5 in.)
|8.9 cm x 22.9 cm x 20 cm|
(3.5 in. x 9.0 in. x 7.8 in.)