USB 5 Port Internal Hub, fits in the 5-1/4 inch drive bay on a PC
Comes with a 3 foot cable that goes inside, through the back and into a USB port on the back of the computer. Converts the one port on the back of the computer to five ports on the front.
|Fits in a 3-1/2" drive bay, or with the use of the included adapter, in a 5-1/4" bay.|| |
- Fully compliant with USB Specifications 1.0 & 1.1
- Plug and play compatible
- 5 downstream port with over-current detection and protection per port
- Portable and Daisy Chainable
- Two power source modes (Self-Power and Bus-Power)
- has the same small power connector as a 3-1/2" floppy drive
- Up to 12Mbps bandwidth to USB device
- Each port supports 1.5Mbps and 12Mbps (for low speed/full speed devices)
- Supports all USB devices: Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, Modem, Scanner, Printer, etc.
- USB peripherals can connect either to a computer's port or to a hub.
- If the computer doesn't have enough ports for all the peripherals, a hub is necessary.
- Maximum length on individual cables is 5 Meters.
- No terminators are needed on this bus.
- The A (flat) type port would be considered the "out" port on a computer or hub.
- The B (square) type port would be considered an "in" port on hubs or peripherals.
- A typical USB "out" (Type-A) port can provide up to 500mA.
- The speed is 12 Megabytes per second for USB 1.1 or 480 Megabytes per second for USB 2.0, the maximum number of peripherals to a controller is 63 (hubs needed when the computer runs out of ports).