USB 4 Port Internal Hub, Mounts in a PC Slot
- Fully compliant with USB specification 1.0
- Plug and Play compatible
- 4/7 downstream ports with over-current detection and protection per port
- Portable and Daisy Chainable
- Tiered star topology, supports up to 127 USB-ready devices
- Only supports Self-Power mode
- Hot Swap - Fully supports real time dynamic insertion and removal of devices
- Up to 12Mbps bandwidth for USB devices
- Each port supports 1.5Mbps and 12Mbps (for low speed/full speed devices)
- Supports all USB devices: Keyboard, Mouse, Monitor, Modem, Scanner, Printer, etc.
- USB peripherals can connect either to a computer's port or to a hub.
- If the computer doesn't have enough ports for all the peripherals, a hub is necessary.
- Maximum length on individual cables is 5 Meters.
- No terminators are needed on this bus.
- The A (flat) type port would be considered the "out" port on a computer or hub.
- The B (square) type port would be considered an "in" port on hubs or peripherals.
- A typical USB "out" (Type-A) port can provide up to 500mA.
- The speed is 12 Megabytes per second for USB 1.1 or 480 Megabytes per second for USB 2.0, the maximum number of peripherals to a controller is 63 (hubs needed when the computer runs out of ports).