USB 4 Port Hub 2.0 - Powered by Bus or Externally
- Fully compatible with USB 2.0 & USB 1.1
- Data Transfer Rate: USB 1.1 OHCI 1.1 1.5Mbps, 12Mbps; USB 2.0 EHCI 480Mbps
- Supports up to 127 devices
- Supports Windows™ 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP/Vista
- 4 x Downstream Type A USB ports
- 1 x Upstream Mini B USB port (Cable included to connect from here to PC)
This unit does include a power adapter. We do have the ADP3168 which does not include the power adapter. If the USB bus can supply enough current (If the total current of the four devices does not exceed 450mA) a power adapter would not be necessary.
- USB peripherals can connect either to a computer's port or to a hub.
- If the computer doesn't have enough ports for all the peripherals, a hub is necessary.
- Maximum length on individual cables is 5 Meters.
- No terminators are needed on this bus.
- The A (flat) type port would be considered the "out" port on a computer or hub.
- The B (square) type port would be considered an "in" port on hubs or peripherals.
- A typical USB "out" (Type-A) port can provide up to 500mA.
- The speed is 12 Megabytes per second for USB 1.1 or 480 Megabytes per second for USB 2.0, the maximum number of peripherals to a controller is 63 (hubs needed when the computer runs out of ports).