USB 4 Port Hub 2.0
- Fully compatible with USB 2.0 & USB 1.1
- Data Transfer Rate: USB 1.1 OHCI 1.1 1.5Mbps, 12Mbps; USB 2.0 EHCI 480Mbps
- Supports up to 127 devices
- Supports devices hot swap and wake-up
- Supports Windows™ 98/98SE/ME/2000/XP
- 4 x Downstream Type A USB ports
- 1 x Upstream Type B USB port
This unit does have a jack for external power, however, the power adapter would be a separate item. The ADP31612 would be the same item except that it does include a power adapter. The adapter needed would be 5V at up to 2A (in order to provide 500mA to each of the 4 ports).
- USB peripherals can connect either to a computer's port or to a hub.
- If the computer doesn't have enough ports for all the peripherals, a hub is necessary.
- Maximum length on individual cables is 5 Meters.
- No terminators are needed on this bus.
- The A (flat) type port would be considered the "out" port on a computer or hub.
- The B (square) type port would be considered an "in" port on hubs or peripherals.
- A typical USB "out" (Type-A) port can provide up to 500mA.
- The speed is 12 Megabytes per second for USB 1.1 or 480 Megabytes per second for USB 2.0, the maximum number of peripherals to a controller is 63 (hubs needed when the computer runs out of ports).