Application-specific software module for evaluating near-infrared lasers and LEDs
Near-infrared (near-IR or NIR) emissions of light are used by devices to sense objects while eliminating visible light interference and human visual distraction. However, because NIR emissions are invisible, test equipment must be used to ensure adequate intensity and distribution of NIR light for object detection.
Part of the Radiant Vision Systems TrueTest™ Software family, the TT-NIRI module provides the benefits of TrueTest Software to efficiently perform image-based measurements, but with application-specific tests to evaluate the accuracy of 850 or 940 nm NIR LEDs, lasers, and structured light patterns used for:
- Facial and gesture recognition
- Eye tracking and iris detection
- Automotive LiDAR for autonomous vehicle sensing
- Multimodal sensing for gesture and motion control
- Other non-visible 3D sensing applications
A comprehensive NIR test solution from Radiant combines the TT-NIRI application-specific software module with the Radiant NIR Intensity Lens solution to perform rapid, automated visual inspection of NIR emitters. Utilizing the Fourier optics of the NIR Intensity Lens solution, TT-NIRI evaluates all angular emissions of a source in a single image, as well as all dots in a structured light pattern created by diffractive optical elements (or DOE). A Radiant NIR test solution captures and processes data much faster and more consistently than a goniometric or spot measurement device.
Comprehensive NIR Test Suite
Evaluating the accuracy of NIR emissions relies on radiometric measurements to determine the scope and intensity of NIR-emitting sources, as well as the angular position of precise emission points (dots) against defined tolerances. TT-NIRI provides a comprehensive NIR test suite that allows users to define measurement parameters and pass/fail criteria for specific points of interest in an image.
- Total Flux (mW or W)
- POI Total Power
- Max Power
- Pixel Solid Angle
- Dot Source Analysis
- Flood Source Analysis
- Points of Interest
- Image Export
TT-NIRI enables evaluation of near-infrared emissions to obtain high-resolution measurements of angular NIR light distributions and structured light dot patterns produced by DOE.
- Angular measurement for devices used for 3D sensing applications including facial recognition, gesture recognition, eye tracking, multimodal human machine interface (HMI), and automotive LiDAR.
- Use with the Radiant Near-Infrared (NIR) Intensity Lens solution.
- Evaluation of 850 or 940 nm light sources for accurate radiant intensity output at angles to ±70°.