Turnkey Solution for In-Line Inspection of Complex Electromechanical Assemblies
The INSPECT.assembly solution is a fully-integrated inspection station that utilizes a Radiant Vision Systems ProMetric® Y-series imaging system, bright field lighting, and programmable inspection software to detect subtle, low-contrast defects on complex assemblies. The system can be easily added to the production line to accommodate real-time inspection with greater accuracy and repeatability than human inspectors or traditional machine vision systems, while occupying the same footprint as an inspector on the line. The system can track inspected parts by serial number while recording defects, defect type, and defect trending data. The system performs a range of machine vision inspections, simultaneously or in sequence, employing the breadth of inspection tools packaged in Radiant's new, configurable INSPECT Software.
Unmatched Camera Resolution and Dynamic Range
The INSPECT.assembly solution can be employed in applications requiring inspection of highly-complex electromechanical assemblies for sub- and final assembly verification for detection of subtle flaws in high-value components.
The resolution of a standard machine vision camera sensor will typically range from one to five megapixels. The INSPECT.assembly inspection system, however, leverages the superior resolution (up to 43MP) and dynamic range (up to 61 dB) of Radiant's ProMetric imaging systems for unmatched image clarity. The dynamic range of the ProMetric camera's sensor enables the system to detect hairline variations on part surfaces caused by reflections of light (like shadows that indicate a drill hole, or spectral reflections that indicate a metal component).
Install Directly onto Production Lines
The INSPECT.assembly is designed for integration directly into the production line, with an adjustable frame to accommodate conveyer heights from 525 mm to 950 mm. The total operating footprint is within 1860 mm (H) x 800 mm (W) x 700 mm (D), occupying the same physical footprint as a human inspector on the line. This method supports a line speed of 122 mm (0.4 feet) per second, with indexing time at a minimum of 7 seconds from part to part.
Key Features and Highlights:
- Evaluate product quality with greater precision and consistency than human inspectors performing repeat inspections
- Track defect trends, categorizing defects by type, test, or location on the product to determine scope and severity
- Equivalent to human perception for low-contrast defect and component differentiation
- In-line inspection with equivalent physical footprint to a human inspector on the line
- Operate 24/7 with high repeatability
- Capture and measure large areas in a single image
- Program software with sophisticated pass/fail criteria unique to each inspection application