- The 1542-2CL Series Stripper is designed to remove PE, XLP, EPR and other types of insulation from high voltage power cable.
- The tool comes with straight blade installed and includes spare straight blade.
- Precise blade depth adjustment
- Maximizes reliability of installation
- Provides greater speed and increased safety
- No bushings required
- Cable OD 0.5" to 1.75" (12.7 - 44.5 mm)
- Larger diameter cables and thicker insulation (i.e. higher voltage cable) especially XLP will cause increasing difficulty in the use of the 1542 series tool. Therefore, it is recommended that the tool be used on the following cables:
- 5kV, use on 1000 MCM and smaller
- 15kV, use on 750 MCM and smaller
- 25kV, use on 350 MCM and smaller
- 35kV, use on 3/0 and smaller
- For larger cables not shown, refer to Mark I, Mark II and Mark III tools
| Always wear approved eye protection.|
Inspect before each use.
DO NOT USE on Energized Cable
Do not modify the tools.